Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Magnolia Table

USA | Friday, 10 May 2019 | Views [312]

Magnolia Table, Waco TX

Magnolia Table, Waco TX

AIR ALASKA'S FLIGHT TO LOVE FIELD was OK despite some rough air over Dallas and a 45-minute delay getting to the gate.  We were staying overnight at the Baymont where we left the truck, so it hardly mattered.  And thanks to the onboard self-service laundry, nearly all of our clothes were clean when we arrived back at Bennett’s RV in Granbury TX.

mm     mm

   Come early                                   It's all about marketing                    

While we were in the neighborhood — 100 miles or so qualifies as “in the neighborhood” in Texas — we decided to visit Waco’s “nouveau famous” Magnolia Table.  

nn

           Chip and Joanna Gaines, Waco's First Family

Chip and Joanna weren’t around when we got to the Magnolia Table.  But everyone else was — and more were expected, judging from the acres of parking.  The stars of HGTV’s Fixer Upper are the avacado toast of Waco (that's a FU in-joke) and people travel from all over for a taste of the newly rich and famous.  We had nothing else to do, and what’s 100 miles each way, right?  Sorry to report we ate at Old Chicago — 2 hours is 2 long 2 wait 2 eat.

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.