Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Florida's East Coast

USA | Saturday, 24 November 2018 | Views [187]

Connie, John and Kent

Connie, John and Kent

WE REMEMBERED NORTH BEACH RV RESORT in St. Augustine as one of our favorites.  The sites are canopied by live oaks and it sits right across from the beach.  It also gave us a chance to visit my sister again.  Who knows at my age, when we’ll see each other again.  

bb     bb

     Fishing                                          Creativity

But if I ever had to — or god forbid — chose to live in Florida, I would settle on the ‘Space Coast.”  It’s a bit north of Melbourne and just far enough from Orlando.  Best of all, it has Canaveral National Seashore with an amazing stretch of beach free of condos.  There is fishing, surfing (spectating only for us) and, surprisingly for a National Park, a nude section (spectating at your own risk!)  And lots of birding, too.  We hoped to see friends Rod and Lois on our stop in Rockledge but they were delayed by a house closing so we’ll have to make a special trip later on.

bb     bb

   Birding blind                                   Misted web

We had some decent birding from our base on Lake Okechobee despite dense early morning fog.  We also shared a pot-luck Thanksgiving meal with the seasonal residents at the Zachery Taylor RV Park.  Taylor, by the way, fought the Seminoles near Okechobee back before he became president.  We took time out to drive to Ft. Pierce to catch a movie and another time to meet up with old friend Kent.  He is one of the most loyal followers of our journal so it’s nice to meet face-to-face once in a while.

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.