Existing Member?

on a trip beautiful summer

Bangkok

THAILAND | Sunday, 14 March 2010 | Views [372]

I like Bangkok.
Have been here for 5 days now and every day something new to do. Big city :)

On the way here from Phnom Penh I met this woman on the bus- crazy traveller, all cliche, several years in India, Nepal, now Chiang Mai.. Anyway she knew a lot of things in Bangkok, so I spent the first days hanging around with her. She showed me a perfect place for a cheap hotel, close enough to Kao San Road, but not right there, quiet and cozy at the river. She showed me places to have good food and live music.
She left after 2 days to Chiang Mai and it felt as a relief to manage the day on my own again, even though I'm truly thankful she showed me everything the first days.

The 2 things I like most here in Bangkok is the boat that workes as a bus and the sky-train. So cool to just travel on either of them and see all the different sides of Bangkok.
The old town with all the backpackers, cheap hotels, bars and street-stalls and the ultra-modern central Bangkok with the skyscrapers and hughe shopping-malls. Not to forget zillions of temples all over town, the golden palast, shrines on almost every corner and Buddhas lying and sitting around, mostly golden, some of them HUGHE.

I'm going to stay in Bangkok 4 more days and I'm not afraid of getting bored :)

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.