Existing Member?

on a trip beautiful summer

Thailand

THAILAND | Saturday, 26 December 2009 | Views [322]

Being in Thailand is VERY differnt from travelling in Vietnam or Laos. Big surprise, he he. Everything is very organized and nobody let you think yourself. The busses kick you off at remote travel-agencies instead of bus-stations, the hotels buy the bustickets ond so on.
By now I'm used to it, but the first days were really hard.
 
I went to Chiang Mai first, a very nice town, just too loud, crazy and busy after relaxed Laos, but walking in the streets, visiting temples was fine.
Lots of partying at night :) Seems like that's what tourists do in Chiang Mai- shopping and drinking..
 
I hooked up with Camilla in Chiang Mai again and we then went on a 30 hour journey with busses to Krabi in southern Thailand. To meet Nina and get to the beaches.
There is a place close to Krabi, on the mainland, but still only accessible by boat. Expensive, but one of the nicest beaches in Thailand, they say. A tiny place, where we stayed for 4 days. By then almost everybody at the place knew us- the guys from the restaurants, the massage-girls, the diving and climbing instructours..
We went snorkeling, kayaking, spent some hours on the beach AND (!!) Nina and I tryed climbing!! For the first time in my life! What a great thing to do! Scary in the beginning, just fun after the first fall and the feeling to be safe.
 

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.