Existing Member?

on a trip beautiful summer

North Vietnam (3)

VIETNAM | Thursday, 29 October 2009 | Views [372]

It seems like a lot of people are pittying me for travelling on my own.. Very important question here is if I'm married and where my family is.. I learned the proper answer to that: "no money, no honey, no house, no car". Finally everybody seems to understand :)
I'm getting more and more into that- travelling on my own, hanging with the locals and getting answers to all the right questions.

After Hanoi I went to Sapa, a town in the northwest, close to the chinese border. The mountains. Very, very beautiful here! Lots of small villages with tribal people, nice surroundings and fresh air.
I even climbed Vietnams highest mountain. That was really hard, going from 1900 to 3140 meters. Big, slippery rocks and VERY cold at night. We walked up in one day, stayed overnight close to the top and down again the other day. Fortunatly there were porters who carried the water and food.. And even more fortunatly I had taken my own sleeping bag up to the top.. (Idun: det var tross alt lurt aa ta med sovepose paa ferie, he he). Freezing cold at night.
The hard climb was absolutely worth the effort, nice views in the morning and a lot of jungle-walk :)
Now I'm back in Sapa, visited some nice waterfalls and local villages.

Tonight I'm off to Hanoi and from there onward to central Vietnam. I'm very excited!

By the way: time is not existing in Vietnam. Everything is either 2 hours or 5 minutes, but that doesn't mean ANYTHING! I was on a bus rip, for example, who was supposed to last 2 hours. It tok us 8!! On the other hand "wait 5 minutes" is everything from "right now" to halv an hour.
Interesting..

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.