Existing Member?

Looking for the Fifth Elephant

Celebrity Spotting!!!!!

ROMANIA | Saturday, 25 August 2007 | Views [3268] | Comments [1]

During my travels through Europe I've seen one or two celebrities (or former celebrities) in some rather unusual places.

I don't include seeing Placebo in Warsaw or The Smashing Pumpkins in Berlin (Visit#2) because I paid to see them.

So who have I seen:

Angela Murkel, German Chancellor (Berlin V#1). Perhaps not surprising, I was near the Reichstag at the time.

Quentin Tarantino (Berlin V#4).  His head is huge.

Alan Alda AKA Hawkeye from M*A*S*H. At the Communist Memorial Statue Park on the outskirts of Budapest.

These spottings mean nothing to me now though.  Absolutely nothing. 

The other day I was strolling through the extremely picturesque Transylvanian town of Brasov in Romania when I spotted a familiar figure.  It couldn't be?  Surely it wasn't.  In Romania???

It was! 

Perhaps my third favourite musician in the entire world, and one of the few men that could perhaps make me forget I've got the most wonderful boyfriends on the planet, for a little while...  Courtney Taylor Taylor from the Dandy Warhols!!!!!

I didn't have my camera with me ...

I did get up the nerve to ask for his autograph though.  He was so friendly, a little surprised to have been spotted in Brasov he seemed happy to chat for a few minutes.

I was annoyingly happy afterwards.

I couldn't wait to get back to the hostel and send a gloating email to Andrew.  The Dandys are one of his favourite bands too.

Now I just need to spot Billy Corgan and Brian Molko on the street ...

My collection will be complete!

Courtney Taylor Taylor

Tags: People

Comments

1

WOW! You make me feel very privileged. The whole band was standing behind me in the customs line in Amsterdam -- what? a year ago or so? Anyway I admit I don't know them by sight, but the looked so very cool that i introduced myself & asked who they were. They were friendly & told me.

  carminka Sep 26, 2007 6:42 PM

About twoflower


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Romania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.