Existing Member?

Tommy & Rhonda's Travels

The Maldives is Paradise!

MALDIVES | Saturday, 17 November 2007 | Views [204]

Well, we wake up Saturday and its another beautiful day in the Maldives.  We still can’t believe we are really there.  First up was breakfast and again it was incredible.  The view is the best and the food is right behind.  We could easily get used to this!  After breakfast we stop by the Dive center on the way back to the villa.  We learn about diving there at the resort and find out that if you have less than 30 dives you must do an assessment dive with a few skills.  That is for both of us.  So we sign up for the afternoon dive on the house reef (mandatory for the assessment dive).  Its more at the villa and pool before we head over to the dive center.  The Japenese lady who is our leader is very nice and patient.  She explains everything to us and shows us what we should expect to see on the dive after our skills.  The skills go great, Rhonda is a little nervous about one part but our instructor is patient and she does great.  It was time to dive!  We dove around the house reef and saw tons of great fish and even a nice big ol turtle.  It was better than we both expected and even better than that was the fact we can go to all the other dive sites.  We sign up for the morning dive the next day, Sunday.  By the way, the service at the dive center is second to none.  You don’t touch a thing until you are on the boat and ready to put your bcd on.  You sit down and they put it on you and its all ready to go.  Its amazing…you just put your weight belt on, your bcd and you are ready to jump in.  It takes about 30 seconds all in.  The fresh fruit after you finish doesn’t hurt either, that is for sure.  From start to finish the service is completely amazing.  After the dive we hit the pool for a little bit and then headed back to the villa.  We decided to try the in villa dining for dinner and just hang out there and enjoy each other and the views, etc.  One word for in villa dining….WOW!   We didn’t order anything special, we got a steak and some pasta to share.  The boys come in and set it all up upstairs while we just hang out and wait for the go to head up and enjoy.  Everything is set up beautifully and there is a little appetizer for both of us as well.  We are eating on the upstairs of the villa, looking at tons of stars and out into the Indian Ocean….AMAZING!  And a bargain compared to the buffet.  Rhonda isn’t really up for any drinks so she has lemonade and I have a couple beers from the mini bar.  We don’t stay up super late since we have a big day in the morning diving in the Maldives!

About ttlax


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Maldives

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.