Existing Member?

Tommy & Rhonda's Travels

The Maldives is Paradise!

MALDIVES | Friday, 16 November 2007 | Views [232]

We wake up to an incredible morning in the Maldives.  No clouds, beautiful blue sky and we are more excited than we can even imagine.  We don’t sleep really late but its close to 10am by the time we head to breakfast.  Oh, and what a delicious breakfast it was.  The choices are so plentiful and there is champagne and almost any juice you want, squezzed to order.  No champagne on this day but we do have oj and coffee as well as made to order omlettes, and tons of other stuff like fresh waffles, chocolate crossiant, tons of fresh fruit, etc.  The list goes on and even better than that is we just can’t believe we are in the Maldives.  For me, it has been a dream for a long, long time.   For Rhonda, not so long but I know is a dream for her as well.  We keep asking each other, can you believe we are here?  Well, yes we are and our breakfast view is right out into the water with the overwater bar in view, about 4 or 5 different shades of blue in the water and clear blue sky on top of that.  After our delicious breakfast, we decide to head back to our villa and get some sun.  Our sun deck is calling our name and it has 2 big lounge chairs complete with big cushions and fresh towels on top of that.  We hang out in the villa and get some sun for hours as we soak up the atmosphere and just enjoy our huge villa.  I will also have to admit I have the computer on and am following the Arizona-Oregon game on the internet.  Arizona wins…a huge upset so that doesn’t hurt my already awesome mood. Late in the afternoon we decided to go to the pool for a little while.  The service at the pool is amazing and we pick a spot on the beach between the pool and the ocean.  It really doesn’t get any better than this.  At Soneva Gili, anytime you arrive anywhere, they give you a cool, lemongrass scented towel.  It is so refreshing since it is very hot and the scent is awesome.  We, of course, get this at the pool and along about 4pm out comes a plate of fresh fruit….delicious!!!  There were some standards and one I had not seen before.  It was a white fruit with black dots on it…Dragonfruit…and very tasty.  After some time at the pool, we headed back to the villa to get ready for the seafood buffet that night.  There are different buffets throughout the week but this is supposed to be one of the best.  I decide to go to the spa to workout and work up an appetite.  Now, this was especially nice since I had not been working out much at all.   I got a quick little lifting circuit in and then ran 5k.  The treadmill was all in kilometers and kilos.  That’s why the 5k.  I felt better than I thought I would considering how little I had run over the course of the trip.  I finished up and headed back and we headed out for dinner.  The buffet was delicious.  There were about 10 different kinds of organic lettuce from their garden along with tons of other stuff for salad, a huge sushi table, a big pasta station and then the fresh fish station.  Of course my favorite was the fresh fish station.  You just picked out what you wanted and it was grilled to perfection and brought to your table.  First round I had tuna, local reef fish  and prawns.  Second round I had more tuna, reef and butter fish.  Third round was reef and butter.  Man was it tasty.  The pieces weren’t huge so don’t think I ate 3 tons but I did eat a lot.  You just don’t get fish that fresh and tasty in Dallas.  Not like that.  I also hit the sushi table (wasn’t bad, I can eat sushi but wouldn’t select it over all the other choice we have at home.  And of course it doesn’t get any fresher than in the Maldives) and pasta station for good measure.  The dessert was fine but nothing spectacular.  Rhonda and I also had a great bottle of white wine to wash it all down so it was a delicious and tasty night.  After dinner it was back to the villa to hang out and enjoy a beautiful night with tons of stars, an incredible villa and of course each other.

 

About ttlax


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Maldives

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.