Existing Member?

Made in Taiwan Both Trent and Matthew love apple pie. Love it. Which isn't the inspiration behind their subject matter for this film. But it does make it easier when ordering dessert.

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [247] | Scholarship Entry

Taiwan is a place that slips under the radar of many travelers. And that's why Trent and Matthew went. It's the journey, not the destination. It's about involving yourself in the everyday aspect of foreign cultures, whether that's waiting for a subway in Tokyo with salarymen, eating samosa's from a street stall in Mumbai, or trying to work out the symbols on an ATM in Taiwan. It's the small things. The curiosity. And that is what this film is about.

With a Canon 5D in one hand and a Bolex 16mm in the other, Trent wanders the earth in search of the perfect focus pulled/tilt shifted/Spielburg-esque composition. Currently an amateur film maker with two years experience, he's at the point where he has need of a mentor to refine skills he already has, and to teach him ones that he can't learn on his own. His life’s dream? To be Batman. His other dream? To capture epic shit on film.

Matthews' job descriptions have been many and varied, but the one thing they all have in common is that he is always communicating with people. Comfortable with people of all ages and backgrounds he loves the camera. And the camera loves him.

In short winning this scholarship would mean everything to them.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About trent_foster


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.