Existing Member?

One day at a time-or maybe half a day around the world o be or not to be a social butterfly...That is the question? This week my jobs are buying insurance, buying flights out of Egypt to India, working a blo/journal that I like to use, and getting my clothes tailor ready in hopes of traveling without a piece

connections..............

TURKEY | Sunday, 14 November 2010 | Views [410]

The word as well as the world has a great deal of situations to use this term. I must first start with the technology side...we do not have a usb cord to fit the only camera we have to the usb plug of this laptop. I have decided that it is not top priority for my funds or time so until further notice there will be no pictures..just mental ones.

Consider this mental photo...Mom and daughter in a large tall stone cavern like building with five women scrubbing numerous sized women in the buff. The scrubbing women are also of a rather large size which really suprises me as the work very hard in the cardio as well as they are in a constant steam bath of sweat. It really suprised me that they had so much extra fat on them with all this perfect sweatbox environment. Neverthe less, they knew there job very well, were very happy with continual bursts of melody from all of them with turkish sounds , maybe words. I think the catch all charm (not sure of a better word) would be that this women dressed in a unique work uniform. They wore bikinis three sizes too small.

I had to change paragraphs on that comment as I needed you to take the time to mentally see that image. I hope that you did.

The procedure goes something like this..you enter a room with a bench and are given a tablecloth like towel and a pair of shower slippers. You then undress in a room with glass windows..I guess that is the beginning of preparing you for the rest.From there you enter the cavern of stone with a large dome.You go to the side and sit near a running fountain into a bowl similar to a fountain with both cold and hot water running from their own pipe.You must take the small bowl and mix your water to the temperature you like and then pour it over you time after time after time. When your turn comes you go and take your towel and lay down on the stone slab and the massage/wash begins. It is so warm and lovely but very intrusive for some. It is so efficient for removing all your dead skin, pride, inocence,as well as any dirt you might have on your skin. You are so very close to them when you are sitting up you must for safety reasons close your eyes tightly. It is to keep from laughing as well as maybe ge3tting hit with soap or their human flesh.

You then turn over three to four times and then rinse over again at the fountain. It is then time to go in the sauna and relax with all the others. It is a great story time and also our time was very international. We sat with Poland, Australian, Romanian, and the USA. We would have been a successful very clean nato meeting.

You can not help but wonder if this was pampering or a cleaning.

 

About travelmitzvah-global


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.