Existing Member?

Travel Heart

Please Return Me to the Nearest Lost & Found

USA | Thursday, 3 April 2008 | Views [1666] | Comments [10]

I'M BAAAAAACK!!!!  :-D  

Hehehhee, did you miss me?? Figuratively speaking of course, since I just spend the last 4 months hanging out with most of you. For those of you I didn't get to see, and for the cancellation of the open house this past Sunday, I'm sorry. I was wickedly sick on Sunday and still haven't fully recovered. Made Monday's 15 HOUR FLIGHT to Hong Kong every bit as enjoyable as you might imagine... but I do this because I love it, right?? ;-)

Allow me to clarify my blog title, as I can already feel you shaking your heads at me across the world... I wasn't actually LOST, I just got stranded in an airport without any method of paying for my plane ticket! (much better, right?) It's a very long story involving me not being at fault, hehe, but I have so much more fun things to tell you all, so I'll just say that after sleeping in the airport, my friend showed up with money for me and I am now safe and happy in Beijing. *whew* 48 hours in the country and I'm already a liability -- I mean, adventure! hahahaha

A very quick synopsis of where I've been the last couple months, skim briefly if you desire, but I do give lots of shout-outs in here ;-) After I wrapped up my last trip I took myself on a jaunt down to Cambodia for my 25th birthday!That was jaw-dropping, breath-taking, etc, the most a-m-a-z-i-n-g 25th birthday I could ever ask for. A short four days later I arrived home -- accidentally a day early from my international fight.... another long story, with me being totally at fault this time, and suffice it to say I had to wait a little while for my mom to come pick me up, LOL.

After spending the holidays with the fam, I moved on down to San Diego, where I "couch-surfed" my way through the next few months -- cheers to Samantha, Jill, Wendy, and Brooke's mom who opened their houses to me! :-D My friends, most of whom are reading this, couldn't understand how I could switch houses every few weeks, but to me any time I get to be in one place for more than one day is a bonus! There were definitely some good times there, like speaking in Chinese in my sleep (although Samantha swears it wasn't a human language, let me believe!)

I walked into a fantastic job opportunity in San Diego, thanks to God and Emon! I got to work in the Mechanical Engineering Department again, but this time I was running the office, woo-hoo. They needed a temporary person and the timing was perfect. *Shout-out to Carolyn!*

Let's see, what else did I do... watched LOTS of American TV, ate LOTS of Mexican food, hehehe, didn't hike once, umm, went on a couple blind dates (who knew those could turn out so well? ;-) ) and got to spend time with so many wonderful friends I love! I would shout out to you all but if I forget one I'll never live it down, so just know I love you all.

The piece-de-resistance was Jill's wedding, which I got to spend not only with my dear friends Brad and Tim and Lisa and Lucy, and of course Jill and Jason! but I got to see my dear James from way back when, yay! A lovely way to end a wonderful time at home <3

So now I'm back, gearing up to start my first trip tomorrow... had a bit of a rough start already, but just now feeling like things are lightening up. I beg your prayers guys, between being sick and getting discouraged over all this since I've been here, I could really use the uplifting. Of course your emails and comments on the blog are ALWAYS appreciated too ;-) hehehe

Love you guys! Back again with more stories in three weeks :-)

Currently Reading: ... nothing interesting. I gotta get a good book from our apartment.

Tags: misadventures, new sights, old friends

Comments

1

Hi hunnybunny,
Sorry you were so sick :( I know you'll be back to normal (wellll, what WE refer to as normal) really soon - but you have definitely got our prayers and our loving thoughts with you. You are such an awesome girl! We couldn't be prouder of you (sometimes our faces hurt from smiling so much hee hee).

lots and lots of love,
Aunt Karen and Uncle Dave

  Aunt Karen Apr 4, 2008 1:22 AM

2

You are SOOO fired for "getting sick." I was/am SOOO sad that I don't get to see you for like, um ,EVER! Boo... Well I suppose I can forgive you :)
Love you

  Amber Apr 4, 2008 3:42 AM

3

We all miss you here in the office. Sorry to hear you were so sick. I'll be praying for you. As for me, what can I say... ma ma who who (and who said I can't speak Chinese?).

Love ya!

  Emon Apr 4, 2008 4:33 AM

4

Hey James!!
I''m sorry that you've been sick, but I'm very glad that you made it over ther safely. Sorry I didn't get to see you Friday night. I know there will be more time in the future for us to see eachother.
I miss you already! Too bad I couldn't have seen you more. Having you around was a major breath of fresh air!.
I hope you feel better soon!
Wo-Ai-knee
Ich Liebe Dich
Ti Voglio Bene
Milujute
*Smacks Head*
-All better-

~Kaiser

  Kaiser Apr 4, 2008 7:55 AM

5

Hi Sweetie,

the blogs are great... but of course no replacement for you being back here. You look great and I hope you'll feel settled in soon. The uncertainty is not unusual, and you will be like cream.... and rise to the top! Have a great year and I'll see you at Christmas. xoxo

  Mama Apr 4, 2008 10:30 AM

6

Wow...what a story already, and you have only just begun! I love to read your blogs..keep me on your emailing list!
Take care and God bless you... may you have good tips and good tourists!
xoxo Lori

  Lori Apr 4, 2008 11:07 PM

7

Well, I want to hear the tale of the airport, but I'm glad you got where you're going safely. I'll be praying. *hugs* Hope you have fun on your first trip!

  Crystalina Apr 7, 2008 8:28 AM

8

Hey Ms Gulliver!

Monkey Jane told me once that you should try 'rice wine', to recover quickly after being sick :D I don't know, but could be a good advice...

Enjoy your stay in 中國! and avoid people who sing songs like...'meisjes met rode haren...' :D

I'll be in 'Sunny State' in August... Maybe see you than!

  A Random Guy From Holland Apr 7, 2008 7:20 PM

9

I am so sorry I was in England and missed your good by. I hope you have a great season and know we are all waiting to hear about all the fun and strange things you will do this year. I am so glad you keep up with all your postings. They have been a great way for us to enjoy your world.
Hugs
Dawn Marie

  Dawn Marie Apr 11, 2008 7:25 AM

10

Jami,
It sounds like you are off for another wonderful trip. My thoughts are with you. Have fun! Take care.

  Brooke Apr 29, 2008 5:43 AM

About travelheart24


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.