Existing Member?

JenOntheRoad “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

When the cliché come true !

ITALY | Thursday, 4 June 2015 | Views [290]

Welcome to Rome !

This Italian city is so beautiful but there is lot of true cliché !

1. To Drive A Vespa

When I went to Rome I heard about vespa but I though this is just an image ... Well I was wrong ! There had a musltitude of them ! But not only red ! There had all color ! It is impressive.

2. They Drive Crazy

I can assure you it is true and it is insane ! I was afraid of cross the street ! Of course I didn't drive ! I am not suicidal xD So I took buses and tube.

3. Becareful Of Thief

I know everyone tell to pay attention to the robber but it is not an exaggeration ! And It is more right on the undeground. I had a backpack and my purse was on the first pocket. Someone stole it from me and I didn't feel anything ! So look out to your things !

4. They Do Not Speak English

It is not an euphemism ! For example when I went to the police after my steal of paper I tried to explain them but nobody spoke english (I do not speak Italian) ; Hopefully they speak spanish ! So I suggest you bring a pocket dictionary ;)

Otherwise Rome is NOT just a cliché !

It is an amazing and alive city ! With very nice monument ! (as you can see on the picture)

 

 

I went in winter for christmas and it is just magic with false snow, illuminations, santa claus and the atsmosphere ! It was jsut great !

TIPS :
- Take a ticket for the Coliseum and the Forum
- To do a guide tour of the Vatican (to takl people in the street)
- To choose a familial restaurant for the pizza ! (pasta are not very good)
- You can walk in the center (plaza navone, plaza d'espagne)
- Basilique st pierre is free and so beautiful !
 

ENJOY YOUR TRIP !

 

Tags: #rome #tips #travel #cliché

 

About travelerdiaryinusa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.