Existing Member?

Tracy's Travels

Sacre Coeur, Montmartre and Vivaldi's Four Seasons at Sainte Chapelle

FRANCE | Friday, 18 October 2013 | Views [170]

Even though we were now staying in a different part of Paris than where we were before we went to Troyes, we didn't hesitate to use the Metro to get to Sacre Coeur as we now consider ourselves to be experts. We took the funicular up to Sacre Coeur because we could and it seemed like a fun thing to do. No wonderful views of Paris today - the city is completely shrouded in fog. Just like at home in winter. Sacre Coeur is very beautiful. I climbed the 300 steps up to the dome which was definitely worthwhile! I walked around the dome twice as it was just so pretty before I made my way back down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs I was overtaken by some French firemen (Ooh la la!) who had clearly just RUN up and then down all those stairs for the exercise.

We then wandered slowly back to our motel through the Montmartre area. Another lovely lunch on the way. I had the best cheese omelette I think I've ever eaten together with a yummy salad. When we got back to our motel it was time for Liz to go to the airport. Lindee and I accompanied her to the train station and then took the Metro to Sainte Chapelle which I had visited on our first day in Paris.

This time we were both going there for a concert performance of Vivaldi's Four Seasons. So wonderful sitting there surrounded by 'the most beautiful stained glass windows in all of France' listening to some extremely talented musicians playing such wonderful music! The delightful Chantal met us after the concert and took us to a restaurant called Le Zimmer. Quite famous apparently. And, based on my experience, deservedly so.

 

 

About tracyfrance2013


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.