Existing Member?

Tracy's Adventures My adventures around the globe.

Klosters-Les Gets

SWITZERLAND | Tuesday, 20 March 2007 | Views [766]

Klosters

Klosters

After saying some sad goodbyes to some friends in Meribel I won't see again, I was packaged off to Klosters, on 'the other side' of Switzerland. It's amazing how far you can get in 6 hours on this continent- you can leave one country and cross another!! I'm still nannying, still in a beautiful ski chalet, only that Klosters is 6 hours drive away from what has become home for me- at least for a short while.

Klosters was beautiful. It's Spring weather there- the town itself is very green with lots of cows and horses and the charming token steeple popping out the middle. Very Heidi-like! And German-speaking to boot! But the mountains around it are high and the snow on top was actually really nice to ski on, plus the weather was so beautiful, it was such a pleasure to ski in the sun!

The guests in this amazing chalet were (or are) British rowers, amongst them, Steve Redgrave and Matthew Pinset (whose twin 8-month boys I looked after). These twins were gorgeous and so much fun, but enormous- the largest twins born in London that year, boasts Mum!, just like their dad!! And hard work. But I am really enjoying looking after the babies, they are so cute!!! They would sit in these hanging chairs and giggle hysterically at each other as they watched the other brother bounce around. I also got to check out and hold one of Matthew's Sydney 2000 gold medals too!!

Now I'm in Les Gets, near Morzine, back in France. The much-needed snow arrived the same time I did, and since it hasn't snowed here for ages and the skiing has been terrible, it's really good news. The relatively secluded chalet I sit in now looks over a forested valley, that is slowly becomming white as the snow settles on the trees. It's very beautiful. I'm nannying a very easy and charming 6 month old girl, just for a couple of days, then I'm on the road again to Courchevel, then finally back to Meribel again to finish the season out.

As for future plans, I've organised to meet up with a family I worked with during the season in Scotland mid-May and nanny for them for a few weeks. Before that, I might meet up with some friends who are in 'the neighbourhood' then go on a road trip to Italy. It's all very exciting and surreal over here. I'm still very happy, very thankful, healthy, and enjoying every minute!!

Tags: Adventures

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.