Existing Member?

Scientist on the Loose

Getting there...

USA | Monday, 5 October 2009 | Views [364] | Comments [1]

On Thursday October 1st, I flew to NYC and spent an amazing 36 hours giving my mother and aunt a whirlwind tour of the Big Apple in exchange for letting me stay in their hotel room.  I also got to catch up with Miki and spend an evening with her and her darling boyfriend.  It was great, I only wish I had had more time to see friends.

On Saturday October 3rd I left the hotel at 8am...about 18+ hours later I landed in Johannesburg International Airport.

Due to my lack of planning, I had been forced to buy a Business Class ticket from Johannesburg to Cape Town...turned out to be the best accident ever.  After a 15+ hour flight from NYC to Jo-burg, I was able to relax in a luxury lounge with free food and drinks in comfortable chairs.  I never want to fly coach again.

I was picked up from Cape Town airport by Suganye (just a guess on that spelling-needless to say, I just called him Su) who was sent by the folks at my hostel, Saltycrax.  He is such a great guy, we spent the 20 minute ride chatting about random stuff.  I learned that he was born in Malawi, has travelled pretty extensively in Africa, and can speak 8 languages.  Since that time, Su and I have made fast friends and he has become almost like our (Annette and I) personal chaffeure. 

Ok, I know this was boring, but I'm having trouble sitting inside trying to be creative and funny when there is so much stuff to do here.  I'll try more later, maybe even revise this.  Also, I'll try to add some photos and video later.

Comments

1

Well the climb is getting close. Take plenty of pics in between catching your breath...Have a awesome climb. Again, I will be thinkin' of ya. Love you

  The Mom Oct 8, 2009 12:52 AM

About tracy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.