Existing Member?

Scientist on the Loose

Preparing for the trip

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 22 September 2009 | Views [559] | Comments [4]

Some of my friends & family have expressed an interest in keeping up with my little trip to Africa, so I thought I'd start this journal.  Okay, so it wasn't a formal request or anything...I guess the more likely reason is that I'm a self-indulgent narcissist who thinks people actually care about what I'm doing or what I have to say despite all evidence to the contrary.

I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have on the trip, but I know you're all dying to know what adventures (or jails) I'll get myself into.  So stay tuned...I'll try to update the blog and add pictures and video when I'm not, you know, living my life. 

The story will begin in Johannesburg (Jozi or Jo'burg for short) on October 4th.  So far on the itinerary:

  • Cage Diving with Great Whites in Shark Alley off the coast of Cape Town, South Africa
  • Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro along the Machame Route, and
  • Spending a relaxing couple days at the Bulungula Lodge on the Wild Coast of South Africa and hanging out with local village kids. 

Annette, my crazy nomad friend from Cornell, and I are still trying to figure out how to fit a bungee jumping excursion into the trip.  Come on folks, when someone advertises the HIGHEST BUNGEE JUMP IN THE WORLD, you make it happen!

Here are websites for some of my accomodations and activities:

www.saltycrax.com

www.white-shark-diving.com

http://www.faceadrenalin.com/aboutus.asp

http://www.zaratours.com/kilimanjaro/machame.html

www.bulungula.com

Until next time...

Comments

1

Hope you're having fun Tracy! :)

  Katie Quinn Oct 5, 2009 11:41 PM

2

Can't help but wonder what you're doing this fine Monday afternoon as I'm sitting at my desk! Could you be hiking? Or could you be wishing you were sitting at a desk somewhere instead of answering natures call behind a rock? Clearly I’m hoping for the latter. It’s just funnier that way!

  Kenny Oct 6, 2009 5:09 AM

3

Missing you!!! Hope you are having a blast. Cant wait to see the flips of the shark diving and all of your exciting excursions.

  Diana Oct 6, 2009 5:55 AM

4

Hey Tracy, I am so happy the shark dive was awesome. I can't even imagine the adrenaline rush!! I'll be thinking of you everyday. I love you.

  The Mom Oct 6, 2009 12:56 PM

About tracy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.