Existing Member?

herbert and i

To stay or not to stay

CANADA | Saturday, 7 June 2008 | Views [307] | Comments [2]

I fully intend to move on the next day but the weather is awful and am invited to stay on another day, i decide to stay. It gives me an opportunity to catch up on washing and other things like haircut that i havent seemed to have time to do. After all the neccesary bits and pieces are done i decide to show my gratitude by doing some gardening on my hosts property and relax with a couple of beers and a pasta meal cooked by Allie. I am going to set out the next day and Tommy will escort me to Mt St Helens where the plan is to hire a cabin for the night.

The next day dawns with promise of better weather so we pack up and head south, but soon after the rain sets in again, several stops later and the weather worsening we ecide to stop at the Seattle BMW dealer for a coffee and are invited to stay at the Sales persons home after some indecision we accept. Wayne lives on the Olympic peninsula side in a wonderful semi rural property. We dine at a fabulous pub in the town and then head back for another nightcap. The plan for the next day is for me to ride around the peninsula and on to Portland on Saturday, to meet up with Gary Smith from El Burro fame. The next morning it is still raining, i know why it is so green in Washington State. I decide to ride straight through to Portland in the pouring rain a real shame as i have missed some spectacular sights, but i need to keep moving. I am soaked through when i reach Portland a quick phone call to Gary Smith and i am picked up in town and follow back to a warm home and food. The house is filled with family and friends,they all make me feel very welcome, all terribly nice people. I will spend another day in Portland and speak to Gary about his travels in Central and South America. It will also give me a chance to do a little maintenance and get a new set of gloves. I have lost track of time but i do know that it hasnt stopped raining since Pemberton what a bummer. All my books, note pads and maps are soaked so i have them all layed out drying in the basement of their beautiful Portland home.

Comments

1

Great reading Tony. Have enjoyed the photos as well. Looking foreward to the next installment.

  Anne-Marie Jun 7, 2008 11:21 PM

2

Sounds very wet! Glad you still have your morning brew to warm things up. I'm sure your mug tastes like lots of stale coffees by now...

  Annette Edwards Jun 8, 2008 4:48 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.