Existing Member?

herbert and i

Sea to Summit

CANADA | Thursday, 5 June 2008 | Views [336]

I wake in Pemberton to pouring rain not looking forward to the ride into Vancouver, onwards and upwards,i then meet someone who really has got a problem as his rear suspension has disintergrated he isnt going anywhere. The mountains were shrouded in clouds so unfortunately didnt get to see much except the low lying areas. Whistler is in full swing with road repairs and biulding works for the Winter Olympics so i have a brief walk around and then move onto Vancouver. This is the first time i use my GPS and it works a treat except for the voice instructions failing.I reach the hotel that David kindly booked for me from Fort St John without a U turn or mishap but the traffic was mad my first lot of traffic since i began.

The next day i call one of the bikers i met at cafe in the Okanagen and meet up the next day for a tour of Vancouver and a new front tyre,which we fit in his shed. A really beautiful city with lots of open space and parks and what a backdrop with the ocean and mountains. I saw the nice parts, so i was taken on a quick tour of the seedier side, the very lively Gastown. A ride back through peak hour traffic and once again i am dreaming of Alaskas open roads.

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.