Existing Member?

herbert and i

Last day in Anchorage

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 18 May 2008 | Views [358] | Comments [2]

I have had 2 days to wander around Anchorage, it really does have that outpost feeling to it although i am told it has half a million people. The city is definently not made for public transport travel, i tried yesterday and spent ages waiting for buses. Today i used Herbert and took in some sights including an impressive craft market on a sparkling sunny day. I tried some local delicasies reindeer sausages which were really nice. Once again the generosity of the people i have met makes it all worthwhile. With some help from an employee of the local Harley shop i was escorted to a bike hire shop and given an inner tube which i was finding hard to get, for free.

Then my first WalMart visit to get provisions for the first few days, i was gobsmacked at what you can get there. I am sure i will be using them through the US as often as possible, because they are so cheap. I got back to my comfortable warm accomodation and got Herbert ready for the ride to Denali National Park. My kind hosts are making a special breakfast for me on my last day with them. The Tundra awaits.

Comments

1

Yes Tony everything in the US is big. Wait till you get to a Safeway where the aisles are 3 times the size of those in Australia and everyone steers a mini-Tonka trolley.....but it's fantastic!!

  Gary Khoo May 19, 2008 7:14 AM

2

G'Day Tony
Great to hear your on the way... every this is big in the states ... especially the vehicles ... be safe!!!!
Chris

  Chris May 20, 2008 8:31 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.