Existing Member?

Biking to Barcelona

Day two Frimley Green to Portsmouth

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 27 July 2015 | Views [176]

53miles in 4hours and 20 minutes. 

This morning started with self-adoration by way of an abs showdown (not Sukhi because she is far too cultured for this type of uncouth behaviour...She took the pictures 😝) ... Posing in front of the mirror followed by a Jaegermeister swig! Bags packed and we then hit the road. Got caught in a massive downpour and were soaked to the core in minutes!

Our fancy padded shorts soon became bike sponge pants! Squelching down and up the roads. A few more hills needed to be climbed today and one was so challenging that Shiambi and Jassar needed a pit stop After becoming lightheaded from exertion! Taitoko on the other hand powered on right up...Impressive stuff. The South Downs are a sight to behold! Was like cycling through a rainforest on either side of us. Regrettably didn't stop for a photo to avoid raising the beast in Taitoko who the other two were happily holding up to ooh and aah at this and that. 

Jassar taught Shiambi the magic of CHANGING GEARS which helped immensely with the SOUTH DOWNS!

Approximately 15miles out Taitoko got a puncture and managed to change it in 7minutes and 30secs in the rain... I'll be lucky to change mine in under 15minutes. 

Arrived soaking wet and most of our stuff at least damp! So much for water proof bags 😡. 

Now hanging out in a pub for food be an attempt to use the hand dryers to keep warm!

ferry doesn't leave till 11pm - not sure how I'll stay awake! 

Shiambi 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

About tourdefriends


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.