Existing Member?

Biking to Barcelona

Minus day one. North Finchley

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 25 July 2015 | Views [155] | Comments [1]

About a year ago Sukhi had a grand plan to cycle to Barcelona with Kelly x 2!  Previously, we had cycled to Paris from London, along with only a couple of long day trips in between. However, cycling to Barcelona will be a challenge above anything we have undertaken so far.

In the last six months my cycling preparation has invloved cycling to and from work around trip of 16miles, however a move to within half a mile of work has resulted in a worrying lack of daily cycling over the last two months. Back in Spring we took part in a charity 50miler event and this coupled with the cycle there meant we racked up just over 100miles (still no where near enough for our Barcelona slog!) Since then training has been more ad hoc! For my part this has involved the cycle dash to tutoring, the odd evening and weekend cycle across london to Balham and a less than speedy cycle to windsor with Rebecca on her Mary Poppins bike! Most recently, Kelly, Sukhi and I attempted a training ride from Lonon to Brighton. The scene was set 15minutes when Kelly thought we needed to head towards Kings Cross when in fact we needed to head towards London Liverpool Street, where Sukhi clocked B@1, and due to the bike SAT NAV saying NO! and Kelly getting a punctutre Sukhi thought a cocktail or two was a far better idea! 

SO with my bags packed, bike serviced I feel more than ready to pedal my (our) way to a Barcelona! 

 

Kelly S

Comments

1

So very proud of you keep safe and enjoy. Will look forward to reading your travel highs and lows from my warm bed.just keep those peddles going up and down to keep those wheels going round and round xxxxxx

  mummy Jul 25, 2015 7:57 AM

About tourdefriends


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.