Existing Member?

More Adventures for DeeDee

In One Week's Time....

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 6 May 2014 | Views [359]

we should be enjoying Singapore.  We have had one drama in our planning.  Because (a) there is no Chinese Visa service in Adelaide,  and (b) I knew I could easily arrange for the Chinese Visa in Brisbane, I had my sister post her Passport for me and duly went into the Visa Service place in Brisbane, and after the usual few days wait, I returned to collect it. 

I then went to a post office and sent it Registered Mail to my sister on Monday 28th April, to her at her work address in Norwood.  She was to let me know when it arrived.  When I had not heard from her on the Friday May 2nd, I went online to check the tracking.  It appears that it had arrived in Adelaide and on the Wednesday they had not been able to deliver it.  No explanation.  I tried to phone the post office listed, but was online for 20 minutes and all I got was constant messages about how busy they were and they would answer soon.  So I left a message through "lost mail" but it is 2 working days before I was to get a response.

I took all my information to the local (Beachmere) Post Office, and fortunately they had no other customers and phoned to check for me.  The information from the local Adelaide post office was that they were unable to deliver the letter.  It is a bit vague as to whether any notification ws left at the address, but my sister who (along with other staff members) were at the premises did not receive notification.  Without my intervention, we don't know what would have happened.  She certainly would not be flying out next Monday if she did not have her passport.  The reason that it was sent to her business address was that there is someone (her) all the time, and there should have been no problem with her getting the envelope.  Clearly no attempt was made to deliver it.

My sister went to the Post Office and collected it safely on May 5th. So all plans back on track.  I will be writing a letter of complaint to Australia Post.

 

My regular blog is House Sit Diary - which I will probably be unable to access from China.

Tags: australia post, passport, visa

About tottie

Di in 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.