Existing Member?

Tonielle's European Adventure "It's always better on holiday, so much better on holiday. That's why we only work when... we need the money." - Franz Ferdinand

I'm here!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 5 December 2007 | Views [572] | Comments [1]

Hi everyone...

Just checking in, saying hi. Everything is awesome and all new and a little scary. I'll put some photos up and write a proper story soon!

The flight was crap. the longest I've flown before is 2 hours...so 8 hours (and not being able to sleep) was torture. And just to get on the plane we had to wait over 1.5 hrs in line to check-in our luggage!

But anyway...I'm here and everyone is cool - 11 girls and the Bahay Tuluyan staff are awesome.

We haven't really met any of the kids yet, we met 3 girls today and one girl Daisy decided she liked me and clung to me while i was there. Teaching me Tagalog and talking pretty good english. She loves Harry Potter too! :) and she's reading the 7th book - which sounds pretty challenging for her.

anyway. we start homestay tomorrow which i am excited and scared about - we are there two nights, three days.

next time i'll have photos i promise.

love you all.

xoxo

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

Great to get another posting. Look forward to some photos. Just a word of warning not to get too emotionally attached to the kids as it will be very hard on you and the kids when it is time to leave. Probably easier said than done. Hope the homestay is going well. Have fun. love Dad.
ps Rebecca has settled into the room well.

  Philip Krisanski Dec 7, 2007 9:44 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.