Existing Member?

Tonielle's European Adventure "It's always better on holiday, so much better on holiday. That's why we only work when... we need the money." - Franz Ferdinand

Ready to GO!

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 20 November 2007 | Views [579] | Comments [1]

Hi everyone, or should I say Komusta ka!

Well its full on at the moment...its my 21st birthday tomorrow, and I had an awesome party on the w/e with family and friends.

Now I've got a Muse concert in Brisbane tomorrow night, I'm working on election day (counting votes or something), I've got drinks that night with work mates, I'm skydiving on Sunday morning (for my birthday) with some brave family members and then I've got a week to get my shit together and get my backpack ready to go!

I'm seriously excited to go, as this trip has been in the planning stages since March this year...I heard about AVI early in the year and thought I'd check them out, ended up at a selection day, and its been caos since!

We had to fundraise our fees to go ($4500 plus $1500 flights plus extras). I held a few things from selling raffle tickets, holding a BBQ out the front of my work (Woolworths), holding a huge Garage Sale on the local oval (which proved to be the best with raising over $1000) and a second one at my home.

In the end I raised over $2000, but was so sick of the time it took and how much effort in planning and organising, that I decided just to say yes to every shift at work and save up the rest.

So now I'm off in under two weeks and learning bits of Tagalog (pronounced Tig-gah-log) and am proud to say I've learnt to count to ten, say hello and thank you...and thats about it! :)

Keep in touch...I'll (hopefully) be updating regularily with lots of photos while I'm away!

xoxo

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

Sweetheart,
You look like you are having the first of many adventures. Enjoy your time there; stay safe; and keep updating! We love reading about what's happening there.
We love you,
L&C

  Lori & Chris Dec 16, 2007 3:05 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.