Existing Member?

Trashy Tales By Tom

The Iguazu Falls (Brazilian side)

BRAZIL | Sunday, 25 March 2007 | Views [864]

The Iguazu falls are one of the most impressive in the world. They consist of about 200 separate water falls spread out over about 1km. I got off the bus and found a hotel to stay in and got ready for the falls. When you go to Iguazu you can look at them from both the Brazilian and Argentian side. The Brazialian side is quite small compared to the Argentinian side so I was glad that I did it first. When I got there I paid and got on a bus which takes you to the falls. When I got off I started a walk that you can do which is about a kilometer long. When I first saw the falls I didn´t think it was that impressive but as I kept walking more and more came into view and eventually I was awestruck at the size and power of the falls. The biggest one is called Garganta del Diablo (the devils throat) and it is huge!!! At the end of the walk you can walk out over one of the falls so your looking straight at the devils throat and getting sprayed by water. It is impossible to describe the falls so I´ll let the photos do the explaning. The brazilian side of the falls took about 2 hours to do so we got back and started planning our trip into Paraguy and the most corupt city in South America.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.