Existing Member?

Trashy Tales By Tom

Florianopolis

BRAZIL | Sunday, 25 March 2007 | Views [732]

After carnival I decided to leave Rio and head to florianopolis for some detox and relaxation on the beach. Florianopolis is an island just off the south coast of Brazil which is beautiful and filled with surf beaches. After the 18 hour bus ride I started to try to find somewhere to stay when I met a guy (Steve) who lives in Manly Vale. He had a hostel organised so I headed off with him. We went right down to the southern end of the island which is the least populated area to a nice hostel which had steps going down to the beach. I spent the whole week swimming, sun bathing and hanging out with Steve, a Sweedish couple and a crazy Welsh guy. It was just what the doctor ordered and by the end of the week I was feeling refreshed and ready to take on the Iguazu Falls which are on the border of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguy. It was a shame to leave because it is the kind of place I would love to live if I had enough money. So after the week was over I jumped on a bus for the 14 hour drive to the falls.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.