Existing Member?

Holidaying in the New World

The Frolics

INDIA | Tuesday, 10 February 2009 | Views [405] | Comments [2]

Bonjour! heres a few snippets of the trip so far:

i'm travelling down the south west coast of at the moment. i began in goa- stay away. what a waste of time. i believe 20 years ago this would have been great, but now it is filled with wannabe hippies and bland thirty something middle england couples.


i then moved onto karnataka, gokarna to be precise. this place is filled with real deal hippy. dreadlocks in abundance, tatoos, dogs, fire sticks. most of the men wear banana hamocks. im tempted to get one as my tan lines are getting quite noticable.


i travelled down to kerala with a french man, israeli girl and italian girl. all total characters. the frech man is classically french, stubborn and poncy. the israeli girl has just finished compulsory 2 years in the israeli army. she was based on the gaza strip! she got some stories! the italian girl is a total hoot. i don't know if you have ever seen the jack dee sitcom 'lead balloon', but she talks just like the magda character. 

indians are so generous. we met a couple of local lads who invited us to stay with them. their house is deep in the jungle. of course they gave us their beds and they slept on the floor.

This country is pretty big. what strikes you when travelling on the train is the wide rivers you cross that don't even appear on the map. waters 20 times as wide as the thames!


Indian people love to use their horns, be it motor bike or car, or tuktuk. some even have 3 different horns for front back and sides. it drives you crazy, they are so loud!

Comments

1

sweet as. sounds ruddy good fun. i didnt even realse you had left yet!

- keep posting the updates!

  rob Feb 12, 2009 5:48 AM

2

Mate glad you're having fun, I've seen lead balloon ha. Erm, ask anyone if they have seen slumdog millionaire and whether its accurate to to Mumbia?
Have fun love.
x

  Lewis Henson Feb 13, 2009 12:02 PM

About tog


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.