Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

Essaouira - Morocco

MOROCCO | Monday, 2 August 2010 | Views [288]

Essaouira Morocco  July 19th - 23rd

We arrived at the sea side. The cool sea side breeze was a welcomed change from the dry heat of Marrakesh.  It was about 24 deg in the day and 18 at night.  Like any of the towns there is always an amazing amount of people in the streets.  We walked the medina to fine or place which was right in the heart of the city.  We walked the beach the first day watching the surfers and kite boarders.  The water was buddy looking from all the waves sturring it up and was quite cool so we didn’t go in.  We found a quit shop for diner and had the usual Tajina and fresh bread.  In the morning we would walk the city (medina) inside the walls and window shop as Holly would say all of the local merchants shops.  It was a pretty lazy day walking the pier where Holly of course got pooped on by a seagull.  They were selling skate, eels, and harring along with the local ground fish they served at all of the restaurants in town.  The third day was another lazy day at the beach a bit of shopping and eating more local foods.  I had yet to find a place that serves pigeon so haven’t tried it yet.  On our last day we planned to take a camel ride to the near by dunes.  We bargained with the camel owner and off we went for an hour ride down the beach and into the dunes.  At first the camel was a little reluctant but the trainer gave his a tug and he continued on.  It was amazing how big there footprint was so they could walk in the soft sand.  About 3 times the size of an average horse.  Back to the beach and we were ready for our last evening at essaouria.  We had nothing booked for the next day except a bus to the airport.  We are just going to see where we end up.  London, Madrid, Seville and a few other locations are our choices.  We Didn’t book anything as you can’t rely on the busses to be on time.  So we will wing it and see where we end up.

 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.