Existing Member?

On the Loose My feet get bored and itchy.

Final Preperations

USA | Sunday, 1 June 2008 | Views [479]

Journal Entry- January 9, 2008

"I bought a ticket to Quito today. Holy [explicit]! (sorry grandma)"

I've been semi-planning this trip since I bought my ticket that January day on which I was apparently filled with pensive reflection. Now I have just over a week before my long-awaited flight out and I realize I have actually planned very little, and that very poorly.

Still, I am anxious and excited about the journey. This will be my first trip of this sort, and 9 weeks of travel is probably just what I need right now. What was originally planned as a solo trip has become less so every week. Along the road I will be meeting up with Couchsurfers I've met in my travels and Lindsi (who runs in the same circle as I here in Houston). I am looking forward to seeing how that balance plays out- I am excited for those weeks where I am on my own, but happy to have the company of friendly faces popping in along the way. I am excited about the new faces and friendships the travels will bring, and less than excited about the boredom that usually comes with hours of being alone with myself and/or waiting on the next flight.

I've got a 46 litre pack, a limited understanding of Spanish, hope, a pretty pathetic bank account, and a general readiness for things new. Catch you in Quito.

Tags: packing, preparation

About tnashbu


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.