Existing Member?

www.timeless-travelling.com Read my travel stories, collect informations about low budget travelling and motivate yourself to go on your own trips!

A thief stole our sleep next to Fethiye!

TURKEY | Friday, 23 August 2013 | Views [66]

(...) We arrived in Fethiye in the evening and were dropped out at the beginning of the town. Brendan wanted to visit some historical holes in the rocks made by humans a long time ago. So after we found those not too interesting holes (sorry Brendan XD) he took a few pictures and we went on to look for a place to sleep. A bit outside the city but still in the harbour there were some broken empty houses so we climbed down to have a closer look. Inside it smelled like shit so we were thinking about building up the tents on a little field next to the houses. We were both very exhausted so we wanted to have a rest there anyway. While we were conversating in front of the house suddenly we noticed that somebody is watching us from the left corner of the broken house. He dissapeared at once and we got up quickly. I was wondering if he knew we had seen him so I went to the right side of the house and waited quietly. Then suddenly the guy came round the corner and as he saw me standing there already he turned around and dissapeared. He probably wanted to have a look on our backpacks which were already lying on the little field right from the house. Well, we didn't feel save there anymore so we packed our stuff and walked along a small path through the field and some trees to get back to the road. Turning around every few metres to see if somebody was following us we finally came to a hill with lot's of bushes and some forrest on it. We went up there for about half an hour and on the top we found a flat space were we could sleep that night. Again we ended up at a perfect place because from this hill you had a beautiful view on the citylights.

I decided to build up my tent because I have to admit that I just sleep better inside the tent but Brendan wanted to sleep outside and didn't build up his one. I went into mine and after about ten minutes I heared Brendan's voice telling me that he had just seen the silhouette of a really big dog or maybe even a wolf. I told him that I don't think that there are any wolves around and when he asked me if he can turn on the flashlight I agreed. Well, whatever he saw it disappeared and as we both didn't care a lot about it anymore we just went to sleep.(...)

----------------------------------------------------------

Read more travel stories, collect informations about low-budget travelling and see where I am at the moment on:

www.timeless-travelling.com

Tags: camping, fethiye, hitchhiking, robbed, stole, thief, turkey

About timeless-travelling


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.