Existing Member?

Chasing a Dream - Part I "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference" - Robert Frost

High Tatras, Slovakia

SLOVAKIA | Monday, 9 May 2016 | Views [239]

Sunday, 8 May

We left Poland early in the morning and took a scenic 4 hour bus ride, passing into Slovakia and arriving at our guest house in the Tatry Mountains. It was a treat to get away from the city and crowds and take in some fresh mountain air. It was cooler here, but still sunny, so I took off for a 3.5 hour hike, taking a roundabout trail to Hrebienok from Stary Smokovec, and having a nice picnic lunch at the top. After my hike, I rewarded myself with a coconut salt scrub and aromatherapy massage at the Grand Hotel. The following morning, I rented a bike and attempted to cycle to the lakes of Strbske Pleso, making it 16km (all up hill), before rain and cold finally turned me around. What I didn’t know, was the the turn off for Strbske Pleso was only 1km away! At least it was a quick return all down hill back to Stary, where I wolfed down last night's leftover pizza on a sunny park bench. That evening we caught the overnight train into Prague.

 

Tags: high tatras, slovakia

About tiltingwindmills


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Slovakia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.