Existing Member?

Adventures of Tiff

Homeward Bound~

SOUTH AFRICA | Sunday, 10 November 2013 | Views [329]

And I can't wait!!! I have very much enjoyed these past several months, but I am ready to return to the promised land, as I miss much. I have seen some things; from amazing architecture, to stunning sunsets, the world we live in is truly beautiful, mind blowing really. I have met many awesome individuals, and although I wish I had more time and less responsibilities pulling me from these people, I will hope that the future permits our paths to cross again. It is good to explore, and we must make the time to do so. Next on my list is Australia, and the Canary Islands...perhaps next winter. 

I checked into an amazing hotel yesterday, and really had no desire to go out kiting today as my ankle was still swollen from the wakeboard park...but I did, and damn near broke my foot. Thankfully, I did not, as the pressing responsibilites upon return would not enable me to be crippled. The cable car up to Table Mtn. was closed when I returned to Cape Town, so that will be on the bucket list for next time as SA is the only place on this journey in which I would want to return. I would have liked to have a little more downtime in Cape Town as there is much to see and do, Kitesurfing being the primary focus really did not permit me to do much else...

I'm exhausted, and slightly amazed that I did not hurt myself, but I'm also a little disappointed that I did not pick up this new sport a little quicker than I have. Winds won't pick up in the bay until March, so I have a little time to recoup this broken brain and body, and try try again. I will take more classes in the spring to refresh what I have learned as well as to ensure I don't hurt myself or others. As I now have a much greater understanding of what kitesurfing entails, I feel assured of my future success. Needing to focus on getting back in shape being a good in between for me...I can't wait to get back to yoga!!! I think I like yoga so much, cause I'm good at it, and it is far less challenging. ;)

So...I'm going back to Cali Cali Cali, and I can't wait for touchdown!!! Very much looking forward to hugs, stories, laughter and love...soon come!!!

 

About tiffany3939


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.