Existing Member?

Adventures of Tiff

Cape Town!!!

SOUTH AFRICA | Wednesday, 30 October 2013 | Views [401]

I arrived in Cape Town a week ago, and find the southern tip of South Africa stunning, quite westernized, and extremely awesome. I very much like it here. I ended up renting a car from the airport, and feeling intimidated, due to the fact they drive on the opposite side of the road, I made my way to Sunset Beach which is where my kitesurfing school is located. I was greeted by the kitesurfing crew upon arrival; everyone being extremely welcoming and kind. Katrin and Jonah are interns at the school, and Wolf is the owner of Kitekahunas. I began lessons immediately as the wind forcast for the weekend was not well. Ugo, a patient man from Belgium is my teacher...I learned safety on the beach, and Friday, he and Gavin and I went to the southeastern tip to follow the wind. Gavin is an ex student of Kitekahunas, and moved south from Pretoria to kite more and follow his bliss. He and Ugo had come to this area previously when he was learning as there is a vlei~a small seasonal lake on a farmer's property in which I have been learning to get out of the water. We are currently still in Cape Agulhas which is the most southern tip of South Africa where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet. 

Learning anything new is fun, frustrating, and requires much self compassion and self tolerance...I have been working on these qualities as well as being patient with self, as this is not an easy sport. I have faith that once my footings are a bit more secure, that I will in fact love this new activity. My journal entries have been limited, as once the day is done, I have been as well...exhaustion superceeding all else. 

As Halloween is getting closer, I am missing the fact I won't be in the states to celebrate, as it is one of my favorite holidays. It is also Katrin's birthday, but as we are on the coast, and she in Cape Town, we will have to celebrate once we return. 

I will extend this entry with more details soon, but want you all to know I am well and happy. I will definitely return to South Africa sooner than later, as it is amazing. Love!!!

 

 

About tiffany3939


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.