Existing Member?

Adventures of Tiff

Onward to Prague!!!

INDONESIA | Friday, 27 September 2013 | Views [411]

Amazing orchid paintings~

Amazing orchid paintings~

So Bali is a wrap. All in all, an amazing experience, and a nice transition into my travels. Very much looking forward to arriving in Prague, and having a little western culture. Over the past week and half, I noticed huge improvements in yoga, mostly in regards to my core strength, and was able to do certain postions I had previously been unable to achieve, the headstand being the biggest one, and several others, not knowing the names in which the weight of my body was positioned on my arms. (((Arms of Steel))) ~or at least getting there. The teachers at the yoga barn were awesome in explaining how to accomplish these postions, and for that I am grateful. One of my teachers stated at the beginning of a class that yoga was not a competition, and that if that is what we were seeking, sports was a better avenue. This resonated as truth, and I found some of the yoga practitioners to be quite self righteous, and almost snooty. To be so involved in anything based on self love and generating light, I feel as though some are missing the target. For me, I like yoga because it is an opportunity to improve self by keeping my body fit, and my mind still. I wish for us all to have the capability for compassion of self and others...to really just spread the love and light without the need of feeling superior or the desire to always be the best. For aren't we all just doing the best we can? Isn't it easier to lift others up rather than attempting to break them down? Life's endless lessons I suppose~

I completed my shopping list as well, and found these amazing wooden flowers. Along with the mirrors, and what I thought to be a decent portion of my backpack, I was able to ship the cargo as well. However, once packed, my bag seemed just as full? Not sure how this was possible, as I really did download...still, it remains full...oh well, perhaps I will ship the warmer gear home before leaving Prague. Last Monday, Julia, Chris and I went north on the island for a hot springs, waterfall day. We had a fantastic time, and it was nice getting out of Ubud. The roads and infrastructure in Bali suck, so it takes forever to get anywhere. But the day was delightful, and it was nice to see more of the island. 

I also went to an amazing art gallery in Mas, as word had it there was an American working there. Granted the dude was super spun, but very obliging in allowing me to take pictures and educate me a little on Balinese art. The orchid paintings were spectacular, and the artists, quite talented. They were even painting leather furniture which I found the product to be interesting and awesome. Pic's attached. :) Also made it to a Lagung dance, and the women's costumes and the musical instruments were quite impressive. If I were to return, I would try to see more than just one as it was amazing, and one part of the Balinese tradition I found which resonated best with me.

I completed my final days in Ubud with yoga classes and massages. Hour and half massages for $10, I definitely indulged while on the island. My flight out last night was late, so I went to Denpasar early to have dinner with my Belgium buddies. The only night I went out in Ubud, I ran into them at a bar, and ended up partying till 4:00am. They are super fun, and Lies owns a clothing company with her tailors residing in Bali. Will definitely attempt to have some shipped to the US, as her designs are my style. Bram boutiques them, and together they make a great team, and were my other favorite tourists. :)

It saddened me to depart Julia and Chris, as we definitely became family. They will be in Bali for several more months, and although I will miss their company, I feel confident I will see them again. Australia has definitely moved up on the bucket list.:) 

So here I sit in Korea, about to depart for Prague. So excited and hopeful for cleaner air, and earth. Know that I am well, and thoroughly enjoying this adventure. 

xoxo

Tiff

Will download and post pics of dance and instruments soon, as they're incredible!!!

About tiffany3939


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.