Existing Member?

Adventures of Tiff

Two down, one to go!

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 18 September 2013 | Views [343]

Learn and love and grow, it's what we do. So I have been in Bali two weeks now, and have continued to do just that~

I went to the beaches last weekend, on a mission...to find Nyoman and Nyoman. Mission, accomplished. Before departing Cali, I ran into one of Brad and Trish's neighbors who was very excited about my upcoming trip. He requested I find Nyoman, and give her a big hug. She resides at Bingin Beach, and has her business established there as well. I assumed this mission, not knowing anything about the destination, but excited for an adventure to the beach. The beaches of Bali are boiling hot!!! Wasn't quite prepared for that aspect, but adapted. I didn't want to head down completely blindsided, so I booked a room at the pinkcoco close to padang padang beach. Pic's attached~unfortunately, the monkey pic I posted did no justice, as my good camera's battery crapped out. I will attach another photo of the monkeys on the beach...this factor, and my mission, inclined me to seek new beaches the following day. While in route, I met Justin from Australia, who was also headed to Bingin. I asked if I could follow as I had no idea where I was going, and he obliged. He was going to surf, I to read and hug Nyoman. I was very grateful for a companion, and the day ended up awesome. Having been to Bali before, Justin knew of a few spots I would not have found otherwise and even though he felt as though he caught milaria in Java, he hung tough, and  kept me company. Through our discussions, he conveyed the fact I paid too much to get to the beach, and empowered me to be more definitive in my negotiations. This being an ultimate blessing.

Agung picked me up from the beach, and we headed to watch a Balinese dance. Unfortunately, we were shut out as it was too full, but I am hopeful to still see one while here. The dresses and attire which the women wear are pretty fantastic. I genuinely like Agung, but as with any poverty stricken nation, Chris says we are "walking wallets" in the eyes of the natives...sad but true. I had my eyes on this amazing mirror that I was going to ship back to the states, along with half of my backpack as I way overpacked. Agung had told me to let him do the negotiations as he would get me the "local" price. Well, long story short, Chris's wife Julia is originally from Java, and she and I went to the same store today and bought two mirrors for what Agung had said was the cost of one. I'm taking them to dinner tonight. :) I'm feeling more confident in my negotiations at this point, and am grateful to my Aussies for that. 

It was nice to return to yoga as well, as I do need to begin building my core strength back~the vinyassa flow classes being my favorite. Tomorrow night there is a full moon gathering which the yoga barn is putting on, and I hope to attend. To center in this space of chaos is crucial. The traffic here in Ubud is insane, as there always seems to be ceremonies, and horrific jams~like the scooter pic shown. Not to mention the exhaust fumes which are constantly inhaled with any venture. For such a religious community, their lack of love for the earth and the beauty that surrounds them is quite unnerving, and I am almost over it. 

There are a few more things I'd like to see and do while here...Monday, Julia and Chris and I are headed up to the volcano and hot springs, and hopefully next week I will see a traditional dance also. I will work on preparing my shipment for cargo, and next Thursday I depart for Prague, anxious for a little "city life"...bright lights big city~YAY!!! Bali has it's beauty for sure, but very much looking forward to the next destinations. 

Love and bright blessings to you all. 

About tiffany3939


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.