Existing Member?

Adventures of Boo

Bangkok

THAILAND | Monday, 10 March 2008 | Views [679]

The mad rush and smell that is Bangkok, not to mention persistant tuk-tuk and taxi drivers, tailors and stall owners. That is the nature of many Asian countries and it will be interesting to be able to compare them at the end if it all.

The main aim of my time in Bangkok, Thailand was to get the LASIK operation on my eyes to correct my near-sightedness. The actual operation took place on the 5th March in the early afternoon and was very successfull. The facilities and service at the clinic were definately
world class and I would not hestitate to recommend them to anyone seeking to have the procedure. I can still see and much clearer than before! The operation itself took less than 10min, just don't let the burning smell while the laser is in operation put you off!

I had eyeshields covering my eyes for the first day and have been taking it easy recovering during this last week regularly using eye drops to prevent any infection. No water contact or swimming for 2 weeks. Well those lovely beaches will just have to wait. My last and one week post Op check-up is tomorrow, fortunately I have no negative side effects to report.

I have applied for a Vietnam Visa and hope to make it to Hanoi later this week via air. At the moment I plan to join an organised tour to travel south down the cotowards Ho Chi Minh city. Stay tuned to see how that pans out...

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

About thibaut


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.