Existing Member?

Adventures of Boo

Singapore

SINGAPORE | Sunday, 2 March 2008 | Views [664]

Singapore 27th Feb - 02nd March

Arrived safely in Singapore at 4am on the 27th Feb 08. Finally on the road again, it feels good. Caught the taxi to my Uncle's place who kindly got up to greet me and let me in. I'm happy to admit that I slept in late that morning to catch up on some beauty sleep.

It was great to see my Uncle Laurent and Auntie Benedicte again, and just in time as they were moving back to London the week after. A couple of laps in the pool and days later my cousin Thomas came by to pick up the cripple(me) after work and introduce me to his 9 month old son Eloi. It definately is his as there's an unmistakenly striking resemblance. Was also great to catch up with his now wife Astrid who'd I'd previously met a number of years back in France.

Still have been wearing the cast on my foot for most of my stay in Singapore, a bit swollen but getting better. Did a bit of hobbling around the city and browsed some of the many electronic stores, not to mention tested out some massaging chairs in the store.

Days went quickly and before I knew it I was back at the airport on a plane to Bangkok. Have my laser eye operation booked for early March. A big thank you to the family in Singapore who were so welcoming and hospitable. Stay tuned for more...

Cheers,

Thibaut

Tags: Family

About thibaut


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.