Existing Member?

my big adventures

surfs up to spaghetti bolognese

SRI LANKA | Saturday, 9 February 2013 | Views [403] | Comments [1]

spaghetti bolognese... oh yeah... mum and dad took us to an Italian restaurant by the beach so that I could have some meat.  I haven't eaten meat for 3 weeks, mum had a chicken schnitzel that she was very excited about but GAbriel decided he was going to eat meat for the first time in his life.. and ate most of mum's dinner... she's losing weight because he keeps eating her dinner!  I had bolognese, it was good , the real deal and I licked the plate.  Bolognese is  a meal not to be eaten with your fingers.. but all other meals I eat like a sri lankan, with the tips of my fingers of the right hand... mum and dad told me yesterday why you don't eat with your left hand!

We get up really early in the am, about half six, but the family get up about 4.30! and go to bed really early at night.  Everyone in this house goes to bed at nine, after they've watched the tele drama.  

Our visas run out next week so we have to go colombo but mum and dad are worried about taking us as there are malaria and denghee fever mosquitoes in colombo and they don't want us to be at risk.  So I think they're going to leave us here with the family and go and get the visas early in the am and then come back.  I don't want to go to the capital.  Everyone says it's horrid.  Guiseppi, cool guy teacher, says that Hanoi is the only nice city he has ever been to in Asia.  Mum says when she was here last, bombs were going off in Colombo because there was a war on, and she was afraid of being in the city for too long.  She saw mine fields etc.  

ok, so surf's up.  so you know I was going to do surfing, well I did!!! I have had two lessons now, an early start, on the bus for 6.30 so that the waves aren't too big as the wind gets up in the afternoons.  the beach is beautiful at Weligama where we go.. who's we? my friend Guiseppi, who was a surf teacher in Australia for a year and now lives in Bali teaching so that he can surf every day. The first time I had a lesson I stood up on the board.  It was fun.  in fact it was more than fun, can't explain how amazing it feels to ride a wave.  some waves were really big ad I rode them.  You have to know the position on the surf board, otherwise the surf board fips back and teh front bit digs in to the water and you fall off.  You always have to fall off the side , because if you fall off teh back you might cut yoru head open on the fins, they are the spiky things on the bottom of the surf board.  always cover your head with your arms so that you don't get hurt... don't worry Nonna, it was great and not dangerous! Here are some piccies.

 

 

Comments

1

I find it hard to believe that mum and dad are up at 6.30am....need proof!

  Jason Feb 24, 2013 5:53 AM

About theus

me on arrival at atlantis water park

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.