Existing Member?

Nothing Short of an Adventure "Own only what you can carry with you; know language, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag."

Estaba escribiendo un examen para Civilización Latinoamérica...

SPAIN | Wednesday, 29 October 2008 | Views [330] | Comments [1]

cuando Barack Obama was giving a speech in the convocation center at JMU last night. WHAT?!!?!?!? annnd of course I missed that due to current location abroad. bummer.

Anywho, this week has been a doooooooosey (sp?). 4 midterms finally over!

Tomorrow we head to Barcelona..I'm SO PUMPED! It's supposedly one of the coolest cities in Europe, let alone Spain. wooooo! Modern art and a recent style of architecture called "gaudi"...right now my ally--especially for picture taking! Eleven hours on the bus, Friday and Saturday touring, then eleven hours back on Sunday! Nice break from the stress of this past week.. then two days of class, un presentación oral and thennnnnn... drumroll...... brrrggbskjahfjkshfk.. .......ROMANIA!!!

Warning: Only read this next paragraph if you feel like wasting time/procrastinating.. it's really pointless.

The other day I was taking a short siesta and this is what I was thinking about.. silly really, but I want to share so here's some food for thought:

1. English is the only language (that I know of anyway..I'm sure there are others )that describes a noun BEFORE actually saying the noun. This is stupid because, for example, what if someone was saying BIG PINK HAIRY... BUBBLE GUM. Another person could have easily started thinking about other big, pink, furry things like a stuffed animal or something. Once they hear "bubble gum" (that must have fallen on the floor and gotten hair on it or something), it confuses them because they could have anticipated something completely different. In other languages, like spanish, the adjectives come after the nouns so you could already visualize the bubble gum in your head, then imagine it really big (maybe in a bubble), pink, and with hair on it. Right? De acuerdo?

So that was my thought.Hope you enjoyed it. lol

TO BARCELONA!

Comments

1

Whola Senioritoburrito Cazan!!!! Que bueno pleasurito tu adventurero esta nachos muy gusto bigtimero!!! This is your long-lost Uncle Jim, brother to your godfather, brother-in-law to Di-Di, and childhood mentor who taught you a) how to fish b) how to hit a softball, and c) how to shotgun beers. Actually, I’m a little vague on that last one. Diane was kind enough to give me your travelogue URL, and I’ve been utterly entranced reading about your whirlwind tour. Sounds like a great time, and I hope your trip to Barcelona is all you hope. Actually, a long time ago, as I was headed out for the west coast on a Kerouac-ian inspired adventure, your grandfather (Mr. Smoak) grabbed me by the shoulders, looked me dead in the eye, and said in a very solemn tone, “Remember boy, don’t trust ANYONE.” Which I have to tell you, was a little unnerving to a 17 year old kid. But it sounds like you’re among great people, and having a great time. All this is good stuff. And please don’t forget to bring back some Cubans.

  Uncle Jimbo Oct 30, 2008 5:08 AM

About thereshegoes


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.