Existing Member?

Travels

11th of July

USA | Saturday, 12 July 2008 | Views [203]

Stopped overnight in the Miller Tree Inn located in the sleepy town of Forks. Discovered the town is the setting for the popular "Twilight" novel. Took a short but blustery visit to Rialto Beach (lots more driftwood), before heading east to Port Angeles.

Drove back into Olympic National Park to visit Hurricane Ridge. Despite the long drive into the park thanks to the roadworks repairing winter storm damage, the views of the wildflowers and the snow capped Olympic Mountains more than made up for it. We took a hike up to the peak of Hurricane Hill (just under 6,000ft) from where we could look north into Canada.

Stayed overnight at the Best Western Olympic Lodge. Failed to find a beer within walking distance of the hotel. Braved a walk along busy route 101 to have dinner at Bushwackers restaurant. Good fish and even better deserts.

Drove to Bainbridge Island to catch the ferry across to Seattle. Stopped to smell the (Purple Haze) lavender fields near Sequim. Arrived at the port just in time to catch the ferry and after a quick return to city centre traffic, ended our driving in the US by dropping off the hire car.

 

About themorrows


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.