Existing Member?

The long way home

Bundy to Airlie

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 28 October 2007 | Views [616]

Well we survived the long haul from Bundaberg to Airlie beach, worth every "are we there yet" and millioneth pit stop along the way.  That stretch from Mackay to Prosperpine reminds me of my days outwest, lots of nothing in between and the constant feeling this will never end.  It did it took sometime to set up.  Had we maybe not had several...no thousands of "can we go for a swim" "can we go to mini golf" "can we go play tennis" "what's to eat" "he's teazing me"....well it goes on, maybe it would have happened sooner.  Jim tells me the minimum 4 day stay we agreed upon is now at least 14 days and he is not looking forward to packing up in a hurry. 

We found a great stop, the BIG 4 Adventure Park on Shute Harbour Rd/Drv.  Central to shopping centres, minutes from Airlie Beach ...which reminds me, taking Lu out for a drive yesterday - "peace" was what was asked for and well I was only to happy to oblige.  I always believed those photos of the Whitsunday had been the work of a clever graphic artist, after witnessing it with my own eyes I can tell you I have never seen water that blue before (yes I mean including the Greek Islands for those who have been blessed to visit those as well), it is just truly beautiful and well I will be giving lots of peace to everyone and more than happy to take Lu down to the huge Lagoon off the main street, popular and perfect for swimming with toddlers.  It comes close to the huge lagoon like pool where we are staying and it worked wonders last night as we finally relaxed before dinner, I think that was relaxing when the kids and Jim came screaming down the waterslides ?

I love it....no I looooooove it.  If you are looking for somewhere to wind down and very cost affordable, this works out as cheap as camping at Hat Head for our trial run a few months ago and hey why not throw in several painfully beautiful islands, fantastic weather, great entertainment for the kids...oh I forgot to mention that.  The park has an outdoor movie theatre, mini golf, tennis, outdoor pillow (bouncy thing)....it goes on.

Then there was the night - first night have to expect a few ups and downs and well I felt like we were more up with Lu than down.  Jim is having a much needed sleep in while I watch the sun come up and catch up on mail - once again...who is missing out ???? Not sure if it was the heat and yes if you come in summer you can expect a lot of heat, sweaty, uncomfortable even if you live too far Sth, so block out and block again and drink heaps.  I had a few dizzy spells yesterday and then realised by 3pm had not had a drink or food most of the day - so keep your strength up.

Will catch up more soon. lol The Maccas

Tags: Laughter

About themaccas

OK everyone click clack front and back - no I mean seat belts!!! we are the most blessed parents ever !!!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.