Existing Member?

The long way home

Brisbane never better

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 18 October 2007 | Views [514]

How we love coming back to Brissie time and time again.  Maybe its the unreal shopping, the mega centres you need a scooter and a packed lunch to get around (so Jim suggests), or possibly the awesome sight of Brisbane at night from the heights of Mt Cootha even on a cool night with 3 kids in tow.  Though with the risk of being melancholy, I would bet its the fact that this is where we began, our life, our family, us.  The places we shared, we argued, we were lucky to make it home from, the serene surroundings of the Botanical gardens we were first married in (yes first...we are on our second time around), then there are the places we ate, the places we lived and loved to live at, but most of all the memories with the friends we shared our lives with.

Brisbane is as close to a non-city as a city can get.  Its roads are so easy to maneouvre you could practice on your L plates.  There are enough trees and gorgeous architecture to make you forget you are even in a capital city, but then again this is Queensland, beautiful one day, perfect the next and no its not the weather they are talking about.

Affordability definitely helps when you are travelling with kids and there are plenty of places, parks, bikeways, swimming scenes to adventure to without having to use a credit card.  If you can pull yourself away from the city, the mall, the gardens, the casino, the galleries, the museums, Southbank even (there is a day on its own) then drive out to Redcliffe, climb the cotton trees, get your teeth into the best fish and chips, browse a few shops at Samford, take a day out to Tambourine, you can come to QLD and miss the Gold Coast (the vegas with a beach of Australia for its lights and fake tans) and realise you really didn't miss it at all.

Jake has survivied his injuries, healing well, Em is realising that being acutely organised and structured doesn't always work on holidays and Lu....well babies they either go with the flow or they are the flow.  Battery running low will catch you all again later. 

lol The Maccas

Tags: Sightseeing

About themaccas

OK everyone click clack front and back - no I mean seat belts!!! we are the most blessed parents ever !!!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.