Existing Member?

The Adventures of the Curious One

Death and the bionic asshole

SERBIA | Wednesday, 28 May 2014 | Views [1131]

I needed to get my computer fixed, so I called a phone number I found taped onto the window of a bus stop in New Belgrade. The man on the had a heavy Serbian accent, which if you are not familar with, sunds similar to a Russian accent.  On the phone he told me to meet him in front of a mall where a grey car will pull up.  He then continued by saying that I would easily recognize this vehicle, as it is the ugliest one in Belgrade. Later on in our conversation, he stated that upon entering the vehicle, he will then drive me to the service shop.

At that moment, I found not one thing wrong with this scenario, and agreed to the terms of the arrangement. In fact, I only gained suspicion after the man on the phone said "don't worry, you'll be safe".
I stood in front of the mall entrance. The car pulled up, I got in. I passed my laptop to the man in the passenger seat. He momentarily looked at it and signaled the driver to continue driving. We arrived to a house, where I walked down a spiral staircase into a basement.
He fixed my computer.
Then I went home and watched a Grey's Anatomy episode on a women whose getting a bionic asshole.

Tags: adventure, computers, death, europe, humor, life, moving, roadtrip, transportation, tv

About thelonelyserb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Serbia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.