Existing Member?

in her adventures groovin along to the beat of life ... recording it here for you to see ... all the beauty and all the strife ... won't you come and dance with me ...

and this is what its all about

MOLDOVA | Tuesday, 12 August 2008 | Views [463] | Comments [3]

up and down and round and round... the cycles of the universe, the waves we ride, the tropical jungle infested roads we travel... to find... an amazing experience... or three.

It is truely amazing how this universe works sometimes. Only a few hours after writing the last entry, things took a change for the better. Mother nature gave me a much needed hug in the form of back hand tubes. A big storm had come through and the midday onshore had been replaced by a light off shore on otherwise pure glassy waves. All afternoon until the sun shone its last rays upon us, down across the vocanic rocks and through the offshore spray, we shared waves and hoots of stoke with our new friends. One of the coolest things was this big mushroom cloud just out to sea. It didnt move the entire time but it had this lightening storm going off inside it. Amazing thing to watch.
 
In the evening I got talking to two lovely people who were friends of friends of friends... one of whom was mexican. And she had the most amazing things to say about sustainable communities that she is involved with building, along with many other great tangents of conversation. It restored my faith in humanity as there are people everywhere that feel the same frustrations, that are working so hard to produce positive results and really change the mind set in day to day living.
 
That night as we went to sleep, the same cloud that was out to sea during our surf, was still going strong. And all night it was the most beautiful light show happening right outside my tent. This place is incredible.
 
Since, this change of tune we have just surfed and played at the beach. Read a great book called Papillon in record time, since it was Mike and Lauras and they departed, as quickly as they had arrived, onto their next adventure. It wasn´t without a hiccup, as Laura was labled a fairy killer when she squashed a firefly. Poor poor unsuspecting firefly... We also said goodbye to our buddies from malibu, venice and mexico city... departing back to life where responsibilities are beyond those that can be delt with from a hammock. Muddy Jandal Jess away with the fireflys, also arrived a few days ago. Combination of Dad who trips over everything with his poor eyes, and jess who steps in every puddle as her mind is off goodness knows where, I feel like I am at a picnic missing more than a few sandwhiches.

Today, with my two ´special´friends, we headed south. We had awoken to find Barra, although the biggest it has been for a while, also the widest and fattest. So with banana hotcakes firmly in belly, we made down the coast. Hopes weren´t high as we have made the trip a few times before and every time we had encountered an element of surfing working against our favour (Damn wind! Damn swell direction!). As we stood under a big white cross, errected on rocks jutting out into the supposed point of glory, morning heat beading sweat over my body, and hands swatting ineffectively as the local sandflies, I thought we would be humming a familiar tune...

As mud splashed up against the windows, as we passed cows and goats littering the road, as little old ladies watched us with blank gazes, I decided that I didn´t care about the surf, and the call to go further south than we had been so far was purely a high just for the adventure... but with 4wd kicked in and tropical jungle mud roads giving way to a big sandy headland, a little stirring of hope began. And through the glare of the mid morning sun reflecting of the white gray sand dune, we stumbled upon a beautiful right hander.

I don´t think in my life that I have surfed in water so incredibly beautiful. I admitt that as we paddled out, into our deserted point, the thought of sharks crossed my mind. I can´t decide if being able to see them coming really clearly makes it any easier... anyways luckily for us, the only windlife to join us were some wonderfully grande tortuga (big turtles). So we frollicked for several hours, as over head waves rolled through around the point, the beautiful torquoise and white against a headland of red rock and cacti...

These are the days... they always have been.

Comments

1

Meant to tell you that I shared your last account with jan and she said what an amazing writer you are. You do a good job of showing and not just telling. Maybe there is a new career path. Meant to ask if your clothes packing has done the job or if you wished you had packed more. Sounds like you are having an amazing time. Sure hope you have some wonderful photos to share when you get back.

  Lee Clarkson Aug 12, 2008 5:23 PM

2

i'm feeling happy, sad, teary eyed and totally inspired by your story kel!!!!! i'm doing everything in my power to join you!!! will keep you posted and keep reading your amazing stories!!! much love, jordan

  jordan Aug 13, 2008 8:15 PM

3

good to hear it is not just my mum that likes reading my stories! te he he. packing... i packed pretty right i think. I wouldn´t have packed anymore except for a good waterproof light jacket... and travel gear is so dorky... if anyone out there that happens upon my stories wants to fund a non euro tramper travel gear brand be sure to let me know... muchos loveos mumsie and jordan. Yes come!

  theladykelly Aug 14, 2008 5:14 AM

About theladykelly


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Moldova

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.