Existing Member?

in her adventures groovin along to the beat of life ... recording it here for you to see ... all the beauty and all the strife ... won't you come and dance with me ...

California Departure

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 28 June 2008 | Views [353]

Each journey begins with just one step... (something along these lines anyway)... whomever first penned this to paper - Whether you were purely looking on the bright side of life, or you wrote it from the comfort of your living room rug in front of the fire, whilst sipping on red wine and dreaming of glorious adventures - you forgot to mention the following 563 steps required to actually start going anywhere. 

A week in, to the day, we will be making our way across the border to begin the baja part of our mexican adventure. Looking back on the past week, it is mind blowing to see on one hand, how we got all of it together, but on the other, how it took so fucken long. Without the help of the wonderful Greetis Clan, I am holder of the belief that Dad and I would have strangled each other, the sole survivor on a plane home (though probably not in business class this time). 

Luckily, with necks thoroughly intact, our wondnerful 98 Toyota Tacoma packed to the brim with everything from our surf boards, to 43 blocks of wax (me? exaggerate?), to spare tent pegs, to pancake mix (just add water), we will cross the border. 

Of course there are all the feelings that come with the adventure running round inside. Bunch of little tiny men all wearing different coloured shirts... just running around. Too tired to tell them all to get into their specific feeling line... so for now I am a tangled mess, but kinda shaped like a smile. Because here we are. On the other side of the world. Being out of the box I so badly wanted to be out of. Ready to feel those experiences that overload the senses so strongly that all the little men running round disappear... perhaps just like the 563 steps that were required to get here... and you realise that here... is exactly where you want to be.

About theladykelly


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.