Existing Member?

A New Pakeha In Town

Happy 2013

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 1 January 2013 | Views [252]

This will be a much shorter story!

 

New Years Eves have normally been spent with friends and family and I have some great memories of some great parties. Last NYE was spent supporting sick and injured people across London - so what was I going to do this year?!

I ended up having a quiet NYE with one of my friends here with good food, and Rapidough board game. We headed up to the top of the hill for a view of the Harbour but the Welly wind meant that fireworks were cancelled but the view was lovely and we saw a few fireworks. Then played Jenga pictionary washed down with a hot choc.

Cycling home in the morning I was able to catch Mum and Dad online in time for London NYE fireworks which I watched on their TV via skype. The celebrations looked fantastic. I think Hannah is in Time Square some where and several of my friends watched the awesome Sydney Harbour celebrations - definitely a good global coverage!

So now it is 2013 and Im sure there will be many new adventures, friends, memories and challenges. I have decided to take a photograph everyday to capture this new year.

2012 has been an amazing times with challenges, new beginnings and some fantastic memories such as the Olympics and Paralympics and Jubilee. Thank you everyone for your support, kindness and great memories

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.