Existing Member?

scrambled eggs Our adventures through Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia for 7 months.

River cruise number 3

PERU | Wednesday, 16 May 2007 | Views [629]

Finally pushed out of Port this evening. Only 1 day and 3 hours late. Not bad. This is huge boat compared to our last boat. It's at least 4 stories high and has 2 level of human cargo. We're in a large area with about 100 other people. Hammocks are about 80cm apart. Our moazzie nets have been a bonus for privacy. We all lineup for meals and the locals are impressed to find gringos roughing it instead of just flying. There is 3 other gringos on the boat. They're from Denmark and flew in to one town, got the boat and will fly out again. Brekkie is rice in starch water, so we hoe into our stash of manderins. Spent a cruisy afternoon reading and playing cards. The locals love Uno. Skipped dinner and watched the sunset over the Amazon from the front of the boat, and wondered where the 6 comws came from that are now standing on the front of our boat. Glen is stalked by the local children. they can't get enough of him and I've gotten use to little hands all over my hammock as the spy on him.

Tags: Adventures

About thehappyeggs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.