Existing Member?

Adventures of the Black girls Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow - what a Ride!

Bye Bye Brisbane

CANADA | Wednesday, 28 January 2009 | Views [842] | Comments [2]

We left off saying how we had plans to do absolutely nothing on Satuday and that's exactly what we did!!  We cranked the AC and wrapped ourselves in cozy blankets and had naps on the couch all afternoon.. it was great!!!! 

The next day, refreshed from our day of relaxation, we woke up early to get a good start on our beach day.  Unfortunately it started to rain around noon so we made a few calls home and spent the afternoon shopping... our best purchase being our new authentic UGG boots.. that we of couse shipped home as they'd take up way too much room in our already full backpacks.  After shopping we rushed home as we were late for cocktail hour with Lois.  For supper we went to a seafood buffet, then met some friends at the Hard Rock cafe for some drinks that moved us around to a few clubs in town throughout the night.  Ended off the night inviting some friends back to play some good canadian drinking games!! 

Monday morning we woke up, packed up, and drove back to Brisbane to meet up with Jeri.  Lois took us down to Southbank for Australia Day celebrations and ended off the night watching some fireworks! 

Tuesday was our errands day.  We did laundy, shipped home our souvenirs, packed up our bags and did a bit of shopping.  For supper we went to the Down Under Bar for a good $10 meal and a pint.  After supper we said our final goodbyes to Jeri :(  and went back to have a few night caps with Lois. 

We were on the Oz Experience bus by 6:30 am this morning with stops in Noosa and Rainbow beach where we're currently at waiting for our next bus at 7:00.  It's been a long day, but we're definatley excited about going to Fraser Island early tomorrow morning!! 

Will send updates when we can, probably after the whitsundays and fraser island as we're taking an overnight bus inbetween the two tours. 

CHEERS!

Tanis & Kristin

Comments

1

You girls look gorgeous! Can't wait to see you!

  Brad and Angelina Jan 30, 2009 11:31 AM

2

I'm happy to hear that Canadian drinking games have a part in your travels. I love the pictures and the updates! Miss you lots!
Tracy

  Tracy Jan 31, 2009 6:06 AM

About theblackgirls


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.