Existing Member?

The Misadventures Of Seinor Malo Just little tid-bits of good places, good food and good adventres.

Just a little loud

ECUADOR | Friday, 2 February 2007 | Views [365]

Good early morning to you all.  Yoga was not attempted for a second time for some strange reason.  I can't imagine why.  With a quick breakfast in it was off to catch the bus to Banos.  A Scheduled 4 hour trip turned into a three hour trip even with a 25 minute delay for road construction.  I decided to sleep most of the way.  At one point our bus became a school bus and we had about 20 kids standing in the isles.  It's nice how the buses in this country will pick you up anywhere you happen to be.  And the prices for bus rides are reasonable.  Unlike the US where if you not at bus stop your not getting on the bus.  At some point towards the end of our ride a father and his 5 or 6 year old daughter got on the bus.  This little girl was so tired.  She and her father were standing in the isle at the front of the bus against the wall behind the driver.  So slowly the little girls eyes blink a few times and then finally they would close ever so gently.  Mere moments later the legs would ever slightly begin to ease her toward the ground all the while her father held her arm.  Trying to keep her standing.  As finally she slumped down as far as her fathers grasp would allow he would give her a gentle tug and so she would stand back up just to fall into slumber once again.  As we arrive in Banos we hailed a small fleet of taxis for a 5 block journey to the hotel.  After we checked into the hotel, Carlos gave us a little tour of the town.  More just to acquaint us with our surroundings and give us a general idea of where we were so nobody would get lost.  I don't know how anyone could get lost in that town its 6 blocks wide and 10 blocks long.  As we sat down for lunch people were asking where specific things were at.  I noticed a common theme in Carlos's directions.  Everything anyone wanted was just around the corner.  Everything in this town is just around the corner or down the block. 

Apparently some 90% of the people here make their living from tourism.  This place is a total adventure tourism town.  Here you ride dirt bikes and quads on the streets no problem.  You can imagine what's on the list for tomorrow.  Carlos (Quito, Ecuador) our tour leader knows all of the best places to eat.  So it's once again follow Carlos our fearless leader.  Everyone laughs because every time he and I walk past a nice motorcycle we have to take a look and then chat about it.  Or it's if we get a chance to rest and we bust out the car mags.  Boy and their toys.  What else can you say...  I had a little time to down load the photos from my cameras.  All of the photos from my 10d were great.  My new camera on the other had I wasn't so happy with.  The half of the photos from yesterday the files are corrupt.  I don't know if it's the camera or the card or the card reader that caused the problem.  The camera indicates a problem with the card but the card works just fine in the computer.  Hopefully I will be able to find a new card for the camera or I will be S.O.L. in the Galapagos for scuba diving.  With dinner out of the way it's off to the bars.  A few tequilas later its time to play pool.  The bar we were in had the worst table ever.  I've played tables that slanted one way or the other.  But this was ridiculous.  This table slanted 5 different ways from Sunday and the felt was way beyond worn out.  So on my suggestion I lead the boys to a pool hall I had found earlier.  After a bunch of Cuba Libras and Jack on the rocks our skill lever was, well let's just say we sucked.  With booze in one hand and a pool que in the other we fretted the night away.  With 2 am knocking on the door and the boys well lubricated it was time to go.  As we got back to the hotel we almost had to let Sam sleep in out extra bed because Ena didn't want to wake up to let him into their room.  After a small herd of drunk guy rolls into a hotel not many people are left asleep.  Ooops...

Tags: Friends

About thebauerguy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.