Existing Member?

The Misadventures Of Seinor Malo Just little tid-bits of good places, good food and good adventres.

Pain oh pain

ECUADOR | Thursday, 1 February 2007 | Views [469]

Hello all.  Well brilliant idea in hand it was up early for yoga lessons from Pia.  Ok, Wow, Pia can bend like a Gumby Doll.  It was painful just watching her do yoga.  It was even more painful trying to do it myself.  She had us put our hands under our feet and then straighten out and twist and too many other things to mention.  It was nothing more than shear torture you to death maneuvers.  It was to say the least PAINFULL....  I settled for touch my knees and calling for a stretcher.  I was never more happy to hear the breakfast horn blow.  After breakfast it was off to a powered canoe ride down the river to a local makeshift museum and then to a wild life rescue center slash zoo.  Now on a relatively smooth river in a ultra long motorized canoe how is it I am the only one who manages to get totally soaked from head to toe.  Pia sitting right next to me didn't even get a drop.  I guess I was just being a gentleman and catching all of the water or something.   Next time I am going to duck.  The first stop was a museum of local customs and traps for hunting.  I was to hot and sweaty and wet to really enjoy it.  I quickly found a beer and a hammock that had my name on it.  The rescue center or second stop was pretty cool.  I really enjoyed the monkeys that were running around wild.  The Danish chick whom was working there seem really frustrated with the lack of being able to do anything for the animals.  The varieties and stories of the animals there were interesting and rather pathetic at the same time.  Too many of the animals were doomed to live out the rest of their lives stuck in the cages.  Too many years in captivity has stripped them of their ability to live in the wild.  The legs refused to hike up and down the hills and stairs but I made them go anyway.  I think I broke myself with the Yoga.  Back at the Eco lodge (Shangri-La) we all took cold showers to cool of and hit the hammocks for a couple of hours before dinner.  With the beer rations dwindling it was time to bust out my bottle of rum and a big bottle of coke.  With a couple of drinks down we were surprised with a performance of local music and dancing.  Partly the owners birthday and a semi regular treat for the larger groups.  Almost all of the guest in the lodge partook in the festivities.  Those whom didn't missed out on free booze.  Yeah free booze.  The lodge treated us all with a local drink of sugar cane alcohol cinnamon tea and sugar.  After rounds 3 and 4 we were feeling no pain.  Some how even after the performance we didn't manage to finish the rum.  But with a little help of an Ipod we were in reggae heaven and feeling' fine.  As everyone else started to head to bed we heard the scream from Pia and Mod's room.  You know what that means.  Round two with mister roach.  I won.  One flat roach later things were peaceful in Shangri-La.  I didn't bother to tell the girls just who's shoe has mister roach caked to the bottom of it.  Ooops...

Tags: Laughter

About thebauerguy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.